Bowling News USA - April 30, 2014 Bill and Barbara Chrisman Honored by BBIA…Bowl For the Cure Reaches One Million Mark!
Each year the Billiard and Bowling Institute of America (B.B.I.A) presents the Industry Service Award to a leading personality in the billiard and bowling industry. This award recognizes the recipient’s contribution to the promotion of their respective sport.
This year’s recipients are the owners of Storm Bowling Products, Inc., Bill and Barbara Chrisman. The Chrismans are known in the bowling industry for their generosity and efforts to grow the sport of bowling. They can frequently be seen on nearly all televised bowling events supporting the sport’s premier athletes. The Storm, Roto Grip, and Master logos can be seen in many bowling events and arenas that are supported by Storm Products, Inc.
High Score Products, the beginning of the Chrismans vision, was originally founded in 1985 to market a new product called U Clean / U Score, a urethane ball cleaner. In 1991 the Chrismans began producing a small quantity of OEM bowling balls. In 1994, after several weeks of deliberation the Chrismans decided to change the name of the company from High Score Products to Storm. With the addition of products and gaining popularity, the company name was officially changed to the current name, Storm Products, Inc. Since then Storm has grown to become the leading manufacturer of high performance bowling balls. The name Storm has become synonymous with innovation and quality.
“It is my pleasure to announce the recipients of the 2014 BBIA Industry Service Award will be Bill and Barbara Chrisman,” commented BBIA Executive Director, Bill Supper. “They will join past recipients Earl Anthony, Minnesota Fats, Paul Newman, Carmen Salvino, and last year’s recipient, Mike Aulby.”
In the past the Chrismans have also been awarded the William Landgraf Memorial Award for Distinguished Service, the John Davis Memorial Award, and the International Bowling Pro Shops and Instructors of America’s Friendship Award. Their service and dedication to bowling are unmatched in the industry.
In addition, the USBC Bowl for the Cure charity received a late donation of $25,000 from Barbara Chrisman and Storm Products to reach its Your Roll to a Million goal set last year. The late contribution pushed the total donation to Susan G. Komen For The Cure over the $1 million mark to $1,000,427.09.
In 2014, USBC Bowl for the Cure eclipsed the $10 million mark in total donations to Susan G. Komen For The Cure. Go to BOWL.com/BFTC for more information on Bowl for the Cure.
BIll Chrisman was recently honored in Reno at the 2014 United States Bowling Congress National Recognition Awards Ceremony with the Joyce Deitch Unity Award. The award is named for the WIBC's seventh president and recognizes organizations and individuals who have made important contributions to bowling as motivators, visionaries, leaders and innovators.
Thank you, Bill and Barbara Chrisman, for your vision for Storm Bowling Products and for the sport of Bowling.
- 4/30/2014: Weber Nipped At The Wire...
- 4/30/2014: 2014 Mike Fagan Scholarship Tournament Results
- 4/30/2014: Bill and Barbara Chrisman Honored by BBIA…Bowl For the Cure Reaches One Million Mark!
- 4/30/2014: Storm InsideBowling.com Open Broadcast
- 4/30/2014: Ageless Pete Weber Running Over PBA50 Field in North Carolina
- 4/29/2014: Kelly's Travels
- 4/29/2014: Weber Leads PBA50 Miller High Life Classic
- 4/27/2014: This Just In....Matt McNeil is $10,000 Winner of Storm InsideBowling.com Open
- 4/26/2014: New USBC Hall of Famers Inducted in Reno...
- 4/25/2014: Yokobosky Named Caldwell College Bowling Coach
- 4/24/2014: Don't Miss Live Coverage of The 2014 InsideBowling.com Open Tournament This Weekend!
- 4/23/2014: The Mike Jasnau Show - Stay Loose!
- 4/23/2014: Mike Rose Jr., Scott Pohl Storm To Doubles Lead in Reno
- 4/22/2014: Norm Duke Returns to Winner's Circle in Epic PBA50 Final
- 4/19/2014: Harry Mickelson, David Chew Win High Roller 60 and Over Senior Events
- 4/17/2014: Dick Weber's Legacy Lives On!
- 4/17/2014: Scarborough's PBA50 900 Revisted...
- 4/16/2014: AJ Johnson, Tannya Roumimper Named Collegiate MVP's
- 4/15/2014: Duke Nipped at The Wire in PBA50 Opener
- 4/15/2014: Amos Gordon Reflects on 900 Series
- 4/14/2014: Norm Duke, Don Breeden Shine in PBA50 Tour Debuts
- 4/14/2014: Storm Testimonial - Jay Moorefield
- 4/14/2014: PBA League Concludes with Silver Lake Atom Splitters on Top...
- 4/11/2014: USBC Women's Championships Begin in Reno
- 4/11/2014: Rhino Page, Kelly Kulick Join USBC Board of Directors
- 4/11/2014: Former MLB Star Larry Walker Shoots 300 with Storm Marvel
- 4/10/2014: Bob Hart 100,000 Pins Celebration
- 4/09/2014: The PBA50 Tour Rolls This Weekend!
- 4/08/2014: Storm's Liz Johnson, Jason Belmonte Selected IBMA Bowlers of the Year...
- 4/08/2014: PBA League Elias Cup Finals Sunday on ESPN
- 4/07/2014: Bowling World Unites
- 4/07/2014: The Mike Jasnau Show - Lane Patterns
- 4/05/2014: Record Breaking Team Lead Change at USBC Open Championships
- 4/04/2014: PBA League Action, Sunday on ESPN
- 4/04/2014: Fitness For Bowling Blog with Heather D’Errico-CSCS, CPT, Fitness Specialist
- 4/04/2014: Wisconsin Team Vaults Into Lead at USBC Open Championships
- 4/02/2014: Hart Rolls Into Record Books in Reno...
- 4/01/2014: Hall of Famer Bob Hart Celebrates 100,000 Pins at USBC Open Championships