Bowling News USA - April 11, 2014 Rhino Page, Kelly Kulick Join USBC Board of Directors
Storm staffer Rhino Page of Dade City, Fla., will join fellow staffer Kelly Kulick on Union, N.J., on the United States Bowling Congress Board of Directors starting Aug. 1.
Kulick was re-elected to a second term to the USBC Board while Page was elected for the first time by the Athletes Advisory Council. Kulick's first term will expire at the end of the season; Page replaces Tony Manna Jr., who is completing his third and final term. Board members are limited to three terms.
Athletes who have been Team USA members in the past 10 years are eligible to vote to determine athlete representatives to the board.
Kulick, 37, first joined the board as an athlete director for the 2011-2012 season. She said she had several reasons for seeking re-election, including that she currently is the only female athlete representative, USBC has implemented many changes during her short time of service – decisions she has supported and wants to follow through on – and her travel schedule has slowed so she can commit more time.
"I've also learned more about the organization and how it runs," Kulick said. "I have enjoyed getting to know the other board members. They have inspired me and educated me all at the same time. … As cliché as this sounds, one person can make a difference. I only hope to learn more and grow the sport for all."
Kulick is a 10-time and current Team USA member and two-time Junior Team USA member. She has won 30 medals in international competition, including the first team gold for the United States at the World Games when she teamed with Mike Fagan for the mixed doubles title in 2013.
Page is a seven-time Team USA and two-time Junior Team USA member, and has won more than 20 medals in international competition. A member of the Professional Bowlers Association Tour since 2007, he was named the PBA Rookie of the Year after making the championship round in five events. He was a member of the Kansas team that captured the 2004 Intercollegiate Team Championships and he was named MVP of the tournament.
He said it means a tremendous amount to him to have his peers elect him to the board.
"I decided to run for the board because I don't want to sit on the sidelines and continue to watch," Page said. "I want to help turn the sport of bowling around and make it a household name again. I believe with my knowledge, experience, and passion that I can help us do some great things in the near future."
Kulick and Page each will serve a three-year term on the USBC Board.
- 4/30/2014: Weber Nipped At The Wire...
- 4/30/2014: 2014 Mike Fagan Scholarship Tournament Results
- 4/30/2014: Bill and Barbara Chrisman Honored by BBIA…Bowl For the Cure Reaches One Million Mark!
- 4/30/2014: Storm InsideBowling.com Open Broadcast
- 4/30/2014: Ageless Pete Weber Running Over PBA50 Field in North Carolina
- 4/29/2014: Kelly's Travels
- 4/29/2014: Weber Leads PBA50 Miller High Life Classic
- 4/27/2014: This Just In....Matt McNeil is $10,000 Winner of Storm InsideBowling.com Open
- 4/26/2014: New USBC Hall of Famers Inducted in Reno...
- 4/25/2014: Yokobosky Named Caldwell College Bowling Coach
- 4/24/2014: Don't Miss Live Coverage of The 2014 InsideBowling.com Open Tournament This Weekend!
- 4/23/2014: The Mike Jasnau Show - Stay Loose!
- 4/23/2014: Mike Rose Jr., Scott Pohl Storm To Doubles Lead in Reno
- 4/22/2014: Norm Duke Returns to Winner's Circle in Epic PBA50 Final
- 4/19/2014: Harry Mickelson, David Chew Win High Roller 60 and Over Senior Events
- 4/17/2014: Dick Weber's Legacy Lives On!
- 4/17/2014: Scarborough's PBA50 900 Revisted...
- 4/16/2014: AJ Johnson, Tannya Roumimper Named Collegiate MVP's
- 4/15/2014: Duke Nipped at The Wire in PBA50 Opener
- 4/15/2014: Amos Gordon Reflects on 900 Series
- 4/14/2014: Norm Duke, Don Breeden Shine in PBA50 Tour Debuts
- 4/14/2014: Storm Testimonial - Jay Moorefield
- 4/14/2014: PBA League Concludes with Silver Lake Atom Splitters on Top...
- 4/11/2014: USBC Women's Championships Begin in Reno
- 4/11/2014: Rhino Page, Kelly Kulick Join USBC Board of Directors
- 4/11/2014: Former MLB Star Larry Walker Shoots 300 with Storm Marvel
- 4/10/2014: Bob Hart 100,000 Pins Celebration
- 4/09/2014: The PBA50 Tour Rolls This Weekend!
- 4/08/2014: Storm's Liz Johnson, Jason Belmonte Selected IBMA Bowlers of the Year...
- 4/08/2014: PBA League Elias Cup Finals Sunday on ESPN
- 4/07/2014: Bowling World Unites
- 4/07/2014: The Mike Jasnau Show - Lane Patterns
- 4/05/2014: Record Breaking Team Lead Change at USBC Open Championships
- 4/04/2014: PBA League Action, Sunday on ESPN
- 4/04/2014: Fitness For Bowling Blog with Heather D’Errico-CSCS, CPT, Fitness Specialist
- 4/04/2014: Wisconsin Team Vaults Into Lead at USBC Open Championships
- 4/02/2014: Hart Rolls Into Record Books in Reno...
- 4/01/2014: Hall of Famer Bob Hart Celebrates 100,000 Pins at USBC Open Championships