Bowling News USA - September 23, 2013 Dom Barrett Victorious at Chandra Open...
Storm staffer Dominic Barrett of England averaged 229.50 in last round of the finals of the Chandra Open 2013 en route to win his seventh European Bowling Tour title and the 5.000 Euro top prize Sunday at Chandra Bowling in Nieuwegein, Netherlands.
Barrett, a one-time PBA champion, totaled 2230 for ten games. By receiving 50 ranking points for the victory in the EBT "Satellite" event, the two-time EBT point ranking leader (2010, 2012) overtook the lead in the 2013 men's ranking.
His compatriot Richard Teece, who led the top 12 players into the third and last six-game round, finished with 267 and 249 but fell eight pins short to land in second place with 2222, worth 3.000 Euro.
Tanner Spacey United States, was further 78 pins behind in third place with 2144, goof for 2.000 Euro. Fourth place belonged to the third Englishman in the finals, Roto Grip's Stuart Williams who toppled 2140 pins and pocketed 1.000 Euro.
Dutch national team member Lisanne Breeschoten, who was the lone woman in Final Round Two, finished in 19th place en route to win the women's ranking in Nieuwegein.
The Chandra Open offered total prize fund of 25.600 Euro with 5.000 Euro going to the winner and 3.000 Euro to the runner-up, while the third and fourth place finishers will receive 2.000 Euro and 1.000, respectively.
Qualifying of the Chandra Open (six-game series, unlimited re-entries) ran from Sunday, Sept. 15 through Saturday, Sept. 21. Women received 8 pins handicap each game throughout the entire tournament, a standard for women on the European Bowling Tour.
A total of 40 players advanced to the finals on Sunday, Sept. 22 including the top 30 from the overall qualifying standings, the top 6 from a separate leader board of Squads 1-4 (Sept. 15-17), and the top 4 of the one-game Desperado Squad. The top 8 qualifiers received a first-round bye.
The remaining 32 players bowled four games starting from scratch with half of the field advancing to the second round. The top 16 from Round One and the top eight qualifiers bowled another four-game round starting from scratch to cut to the top 12.
Those twelve bowled further six games with the pinfall from Round Two being carried forward. The player with the highest 10-game total including handicap was declared the winner.
- See more at: http://www.bowlingdigital.com/bowl/node/12543#sthash.CUaneV7L.dpuf
- 9/27/2013: Friday Inspiration
- 9/27/2013: Jim Dressel Pens Final Column for Bowlers Journal
- 9/24/2013: 2013 Storm Fair...Another Huge Success!
- 9/23/2013: Storm Testimonial
- 9/23/2013: Dom Barrett Victorious at Chandra Open...
- 9/20/2013: Friday Fun Day
- 9/19/2013: Osku Palermaa, Kelly Kulick Elected To World Bowling Writers Hall of Fame
- 9/17/2013: Tom Daugherty - Bowlers Journal Interactive Interview
- 9/17/2013: Alex Hoskins, Jason Poli Win Idaho, Iowa Tournaments
- 9/09/2013: Diana Zavjalova Wins Queens Title...
- 9/05/2013: Leanne Hulsenberg, Shayna Ng Make The Show at Queens...
- 9/04/2013: Payback For CDB at Queens...Shayna Ng Rolls in Winners Bracket
- 9/04/2013: Storm Announces Collegiate Sponsored Teams for 2013-14 Season
- 9/03/2013: Matchplay Set To Begin at 2013 USBC Queens
- 9/03/2013: Shayna Ng, Lindsay Boomershine on Top at Queens After Day Two...
- 9/01/2013: Liz Leads Queens After Day One...
- 9/01/2013: Kerry Painter Reflects on $10,000 High Roller Win...The July High Roller Returns in 2014!
- 9/01/2013: Storm Support Program, a Huge Hit at 2013 USBC Queens!