Bowling News USA - June 10, 2013 Storm Signs 3-Year Agreement with AWBA
Storm Products, the Brigham City, Utah based manufacturer of high performance bowling equipment is proud to announce a new three year agreement with the American Wheelchair Bowling Association (AWBA).
The American Wheelchair Bowling Association, in association with the Paralyzed Veterans of America, sanctions wheelchair bowling tournaments in 10 to 12 locations throughout the country. There are venue’s which bring the organization’s members from all area’s of the country together for competitive, challenging, and camaraderie for ALL. “All” is an inclusive word meaning there is truly a place for the bowling ability of each participant.
“This new partnership between the AWBA and Storm Bowling comes at a time for both that will prove to be very valuable in terms of recognition for the AWBA and their brand, and Storm for their continued involvement in giving back to those that allow challenges in life to never hold them captive", said Gary Ryan, AWBA Secretary and USBC Member. "The AWBA looks forward to a long and rewarding partnership with Storm in hopes that all will benefit from this new venture. We bring to the Storm family a different view of bowling yet the competitive spirit within the organization is the life blood of why we do what we do. Our two organizations are visionary’s in the field of bowling and this will make this partnership benefit all involve.”
"Storm is very proud of this newly forged partnership with the AWBA," said Roger Noordhoek, Storm's Director of Business Development. "We have sponsored their Las Vegas Invitational for numerous years, through our relationship with Storm Staff member Walt Roy. The AWBA is a wonderful organization, and they put on a great event for wheelchair bowlers around the country."
The AWBA has grown to over 500 members throughout the continental United States and has an average of 10 tournaments a year spread throughout the country with the National Championship now held in June of each year. The attendance at the National has grown from that initial 30 to an average of over 100 participants, representing every skill level within wheelchair bowling.
"As we continue to move toward the Future of Bowling, this opportunity gives the AWBA the opportunity to work with Professionals in the larger Corporation of Business and helps us with Branding, Awareness, Equipment, and the innovation of the future for the Game of Wheelchair Bowling," said Joesph Fox Sr., AWBA Chairman.
The AWBA has formed a number of alliances with organization such as the Veterans Administration, Paralyzed Veterans of America, the United States Bowling Congress, and youth organizations to promote and grow the sport of wheelchair bowling.
For more information on the AWAB visit: http://awba.org/awbaweb/
- 6/30/2013: True Amateur Tournament Featuring Live Streaming Underway at Orleans!
- 6/28/2013: Fagan, Duke, Weber Battle at PBA MIlwaukee Open
- 6/25/2013: Belmo Captures Seventh Career PBA Title with Wrecker™!
- 6/25/2013: Belmonte Blasts To The Top at Lucas Oil PBA Bear Open...Loschetter Third with Storm...
- 6/24/2013: PBA, ESPN Ink Five-Year Deal
- 6/23/2013: 2013 International Bowl Expo Rolls Into Las Vegas..Live Streaming From Storm Booth!
- 6/22/2013: New From Storm Products, The Hy-Road™ Pearl and Marvel-S™
- 6/20/2013: Walter Ray Williams Jr., Notches PBA50 Title
- 6/18/2013: Free Agent Chris Loschetter Rolls Storm IQ™ Tour To First PBA Title...
- 6/17/2013: Shafer Over Bohn in PBA Eastern Regional
- 6/17/2013: Catch Pete and Norm on CBS Sports Network Tuesday!
- 6/14/2013: Pete Weber Wins USBC Senior Masters in Las Vegas!
- 6/14/2013: Finals Set For USBC Senior Masters...Boresch, Painter, Weber 1-2-3
- 6/13/2013: Winner's Bracket Down to Four at USBC Senior Masters...Lennie Boresch Jr., Over PDW
- 6/13/2013: Storm Lucid Contest Winner Visits USBC's International Training and Research Center
- 6/13/2013: Matchplay Begins at USBC Senior Masters...33 of 64 Players Using Storm/Roto Grip
- 6/12/2013: Joltin' Joe Scarborough 900 Series Jersey Presentation
- 6/12/2013: Heroes Bowl with the Pros Spells Victory by Louie Wemett
- 6/12/2013: Pedersen, Williams, Weber Top Storm Staffers at Senior Masters
- 6/12/2013: Storm's Mobile Website is Here!
- 6/11/2013: Jake Peters Breaks Thru at Lucas Oil PBA Badger Open
- 6/11/2013: Storm In The Bag - 2013 Lucas Oil PBA Badger Open
- 6/11/2013: Pilon, Haugen Jr., and Lorincz Hope To Bring Another Win Home For Storm/Roto Grip
- 6/10/2013: Storm Signs 3-Year Agreement with AWBA
- 6/10/2013: 'Eddie' is Ready To Defend at Senior Masters
- 6/10/2013: Geoffrey Young Wins $14,000 For First Place at Grand Boot Hill!
- 6/10/2013: Kelly Kulick, Mike Fagan Bolster Storm National Staffs
- 6/08/2013: 2013 Suncoast PBA Senior U.S Open Report
- 6/07/2013: Amleto Monacelli Repeats at Suncoast PBA Senior U.S Open Presented by Storm Products
- 6/06/2013: Pedersen Ready For Senior U.S Open Run Friday...
- 6/06/2013: Rick Dale, Star of American Restoration to Attend Bowl Expo With Storm
- 6/05/2013: Pedersen Stays Hot in Sin City...Chasing Ron Mohr at Suncoast...
- 6/05/2013: Gary Hulsenberg, Leanne Barrette-Hulsenberg, Join Team Storm
- 6/03/2013: Suncoast PBA50 Senior U.S Open Presented by Storm Rolls in Vegas