Bowling News USA - February 22, 2013 Belmo Alive in Winners Bracket at Masters...Will Battle Parker Bohn III Saturday...
Brunswick Zone Carolier, North Brunswick, N.Y., Friday
THREE-GAME, DOUBLE-ELIMINATION MATCH PLAY
(1) Wes Malott, Pflugerville, Texas, def. (64) Mike Fagan, Dallas, 770-675.
(33) Allen Rice II, Salem, Ala., def. (32) Martin Larsen, Sweden, 737-683.
(48) Nathan Bohr, Wichita, Kan., def. (17) Jason Sterner, McDonough, Ga., 642-595.
(49) John Brockland, St. Charles, Mo., def. (16) John Szczerbinski, North Tonawanda, N.Y., 739-678.
(9) Scott Norton, Mission Viejo, Calif., def. (56) Gary Faulkner, Norfolk, Va., 710-623.
(41) Mike Scroggins, Amarillo, Texas, def. (24) Kyle Bigelow, Troy, Ohio, 755-607.
(40) Doug Kent, Newark, N.Y., def. (25) Craig LeMond, Jasper, Ind., 636-576.
(57) Manuel Otalora, Colombia, def. (8) Chris Barnes, Double Oak, Texas, 723-719.
(60) Dick Allen, Columbia, S.C., def. (5) Brian LeClair, Albany, N.Y., 703-666.
(28) John Janawicz, Winter Haven, Fla., def. (37) Marshall Kent, Yakima, Wash., 610-565.
(21) Mike Edwards, Tulsa, Okla., def. (44) Matt Gasn, Laurel, Md., 695-611.
(53) Michael Markis, Tafton, Pa., def. (12) Ryan Ciminelli, Cheektowaga, N.Y., 715-640.
(13) Tom Daugherty, Wesley Chapel, Fla., def. (52) Ronnie Russell, Marion, Ind., 728-562.
(20) D.J. Archer, Friendswood, Texas, def. (45) Timothy Foy Jr., Salisbury, Md., 651-599.
(29) Stuart Williams, England, def. (36) Tommy Jones, Simpsonville, S.C., 628-626.
(4) Mike Moore, Orlando, Fla., def. (61) Adam Chase, Seaford, N.Y., 644-634.
(3) Pete Weber, St. Ann, Mo., def. (62) Tetsuya Kobayashi, Japan, 666-621.
(30) Parker Bohn III, Jackson, N.J., def. (35) Andres Gomez, Colombia, 615-535.
(46) Michael Haugen Jr., Carefree, Ariz., def. (19) Josh Blanchard, Gilbert, Ariz., 731-718.
(14) Matt McNiel, Prior Lake, Minn., def. (51) Devin Golden, Coopersburg, Pa., 630-609.
(11) Dan MacLelland, Canada, def. (54) Chris Loschetter, Avon, Ohio, 782-638.
(22) Jason Belmonte, Australia, def. (43) Brian Ziesig, Levittown, N.Y., 674-646.
(27) Walter Ray Williams Jr., Ocala, Fla., def. (38) Dino Castillo, Carrollton, Texas, 699-694.
(59) Daniel Dunleavy, Staten Island, N.Y., def. (6) Mika Koivuniemi, Hartland, Mich., 719-682.
(58) Brian Kretzer, Dayton, Ohio, def. (7) Rhino Page, Dade City, Fla., 669-608.
(26) Ryan Shafer, Horseheads, N.Y., def. (39) Jeff Kubasak, Staten Island, N.Y., 651-585.
(42) Patrick Allen, Wesley Chapel, Fla., def. (23) Jon VanHees, Charlestown, R.I., 690-604.
(10) Osku Palermaa, Finland, def. (55) Eddie VanDaniker Jr., Chatsworth, Calif., 666-656.
(50) Tyson Branagan, Bedford, Texas, def. (15) Sean Rash, Montgomery, Ill., 696-685.
(47) Lee Vanderhoef, Greenville, S.C., def. (18) Scott Newell, Deland, Fla., 655-632.
(31) Michael Machuga, Erie, Pa., def. (34) Ildemaro Ruiz, Venezuela, 697-596.
(63) Eugene McCune, Munster, Ind., def. (2) Todd Book, Russells Point, Ohio, 710-641.
WINNERS BRACKET ROUND ONE
Malott def. Rice, 732-668.
Brockland def. Bohr, 684-676.
Norton def. Scroggins, 729-591.
Otalora def. D. Kent, 643-598.
Janawicz def. D. Allen, 670-627.
Edwards def. Mackis, 645-547.
Daugherty def. Archer, 700-687.
S. Williams def. Chase, 832-709.
Bohn def. Weber, 725-651.
McNiel def. Haugen, 731-661.
Belmonte def. MacLelland, 749-711.
W.R. Williams def. Dunleavy, 601-585.
Kretzer def. Shafer, 622-618.
P. Allen def. Palermaa, 658-621.
Branagan def. Vanderhoef, 695-669.
Machuga def. McCune, 642-618.
ELIMINATION BRACKET ROUND ONE
(Losers eliminated, earn $1,700)
Larsen def. Fagan, 749-718.
Barnes def. LeMond, 655-616.
Sterner def. Szczerbinski, 671-626.
Bigelow def. Faulkner, 611-582.
M. Kent def. LeClair, 631-563.
Jones def. Moore, 718-682.
Ciminelli def. Gasn, 727-562.
Russell def. Foy, 688-650.
Gomez def. Kobayahsi, 700-569.
Koivuniemi def. Castillo, 721-701.
Blanchard def. Golden, 777-563.
Loschetter def. Ziesig, 626-590.
Page def. Kubasak, 656-560.
Book def. Ruiz, 736-609.
VanHees def. VanDaniker, 769-685.
Rash def. Newell, 709-643.
ELIMINATION BRACKET ROUND TWO
(Losers eliminated, earn $2,000)
Haugen def. Larsen, 684-678.
Barnes def. MacLelland, 730-677.
Sterner def. Weber, 683-591.
Bigelow def. Dunleavy, 643-578.
Palermaa def. M. Kent, 688-682.
Jones def. Vanderhoef, 747-608.
Ciminelli def. Shafer, 720-664.
Russell def. McCune, 758-652.
Gomez def. Bohr, 703-614.
Koivuniemi def. Scroggins, 658-577.
Rice def. Blanchard, 709-669.
D. Kent def. Loschetter, 671-657.
Page def. Markis, 665-664.
Archer def. Book, 732-622.
VanHees def. D. Allen, 698-677.
Rash def. Chase, 781-562.
WINNERS BRACKET ROUND TWO
Malott def. Brockland, 741-636.
Otalora def. Norton, 639-618.
Janawicz def. Edwards, 692-555.
S. Williams def. Daugherty, 682-647.
Bohn def. McNiel, 700-688.
Belmonte def. W.R. Williams, 761-685.
Kretzer def. P. Allen, 646-618.
Machuga def. Branagan, 532-531.
ELIMINATION BRACKET ROUND THREE
(Losers eliminated, earn $2,400)
Barnes def. Haugen, 696-594.
Sterner def. Bigelow, 603-592.
Jones def. Palermaa, 647-590.
Ciminelli def. Russell, 712-611.
Koivuniemi def. Gomez, 620-609.
D. Kent def. Rice, 698-695.
Archer def. Page, 740-681.
Rash def. VanHees, 694-644.
ELIMINATION BRACKET ROUND FOUR
(Losers eliminated, earn $2,800)
Barnes def. Edwards, 678-597.
Daugherty def. Sterner, 702-604,
Jones def. Brockland, 677-640.
Ciminelli def. Norton, 630-557.
Koivuniemi def. Branagan, 783-523.
P. Allen def. D. Kent, 733-602.
W.R. Williams def. Archer, 764-563.
McNiel def. Rash, 693-643.
SATURDAY’S PAIRINGS (9 a.m. ET)
WINNERS BRACKET, ROUND THREE
Wes Malott, Pflugerville, Texas vs. Manuel Otalora, Colombia.
John Janawicz, Lake Wales, Fla. vs. Stuart Williams, England.
Parker Bohn III, Jackson, N.J., vs. Jason Belmonte, Australia.
Brian Kretzer, Dayton, Ohio, vs. Michael Machuga, Erie, Pa.
ELIMINATION BRACKET, ROUND FIVE
Chris Barnes, Double Oak, Texas, vs. Tom Daugherty, Wesley Chapel, Fla.
Tommy Jones, Simpsonville, S.C., vs. Ryan Ciminelli, Cheektowaga, N.Y.
Mika Koivuniemi, Hartland, Mich., vs. Patrick Allen, Wesley Chapel, Fla.
Walter Ray Williams Jr., Ocala, Fla., vs. Matt McNiel, Prior Lake, Minn.
(segments courtesy: pba.com)
- 2/28/2013: Open Championships, Storm Bowlers Journal Tournament Roll in Reno!
- 2/28/2013: PBA Don Carter Classic Sunday on ESPN...
- 2/26/2013: Now Available - The Storm Reign of Power™
- 2/24/2013: Belmonte Masters a Major...Storm/Roto Grip 1-2-3...
- 2/24/2013: Belmonte One Win Away From First Major...
- 2/23/2013: Belmonte Top Seed at Masters...Stu Williams, Wes Malott Also Make Show...
- 2/22/2013: Belmo Alive in Winners Bracket at Masters...Will Battle Parker Bohn III Saturday...
- 2/22/2013: Malott #1 Seed at USBC Masters...Weber Third as Matchplay Begins
- 2/20/2013: Storm's Pete Weber Making Valiant Run at USBC Masters...
- 2/20/2013: Storm Tips - How To Play a House Condition
- 2/19/2013: Osku, Rhino Roar Out of The Gates at USBC Masters
- 2/18/2013: USBC Masters Rolls This Week in New Jersey
- 2/16/2013: Gold Ball Powers Haugen To Mark Roth Classic Title...
- 2/13/2013: Michael Haugen Will Represent Storm Nation on ESPN Sunday
- 2/12/2013: Storm Tips - How To Deal with Pressure
- 2/11/2013: Another Huge Win For Gold Ball!
- 2/11/2013: Josh Johnson Rolls Into Record Books with Lucid™!
- 2/11/2013: T.O Rolls The SYNC™
- 2/09/2013: Gomez Repeats at 2013 PBA Carmen Salvino Classic...
- 2/07/2013: Storm Products Presenting Sponsor of The Open Men's, Women's and Senior Women's Tournaments.
- 2/07/2013: The Evolving Tournament Scene in Las Vegas by Louie Wemett
- 2/05/2013: Andres Gomez, D.J. Archer Battle For Salvino Title Sunday on ESPN...
- 2/04/2013: 2013 Military Bowling Championships Results
- 2/03/2013: Tune In And Watch Chris Paul PBA League All-Stars Before the Big Game!