Bowling News USA - December 25, 2012 Watch The Finals of the PBA Chameleon Championship on ESPN Sunday!
The stepladder finals of the third “animal pattern” PBA Tour event of the 2012-13 season from the South Point Hotel and Casino takes on an international flavor and features the return of Walter Ray Williams Jr. to a televised final.
In the opening match of the PBA Chameleon Championship, 2010-11 Rookie of the Year Scott Norton of Costa Mesa, Calif., takes on Fawaz Abdulla, the first bowler from Middle East country of Bahrain ever to make a PBA finals telecast.
Norton used a Storm Marvel™ Pearl and Lucid™ to make the show, Abdulla threw a Victory Road.™
Norton made a memorable debut in the 2010 World Series of Bowling Chameleon Championship, qualifying as tournament leader in his first TV appearance and then stringing eight consecutive strikes on his way to a 256-181 win over Sean Rash for his first career title.
Abdulla went from 11th to fourth in the final qualifying round, slipping past PBA stars Tommy Jones and Norm Duke in the final game to take the last TV spot. Suffering from a chronic case of gout prior to the finals, Abdulla required an overnight hospital stay but recovered enough to make his first TV appearance. Abdulla is part of a seven-man Bahrain contingent coached by longtime international competitor and PBA member Tim Mack of Indianapolis.
The winner of the opening match will take on Williams in the semifinal. The PBA’s all-time leader in Tour wins with 47, is making his first TV appearance in more than a season. In 2011-12, for the first time in a record 26 seasons, the PBA Hall of Famer failed to make a TV show.
The winner of the semifinal match will then take on 2011-12 Player of the Year challenger and five-time Tour winner Jason Belmonte of Australia. Storm's Belmonte, who won three titles in last year’s WSOB, lost a close vote for Player of the Year honors to Sean Rash last season.
Belmonte used a Storm Natural™ and Roto Grip Critical Theory™ in qualifying.
The next two Sundays after the Chameleon telecast will feature World Series of Bowling finals with 90-minute programs airing at 1 p.m. ET. The Bowlers Journal Scorpion Championship will air on Jan. 6, and the PBA World Championship on Jan. 13.
Each ESPN telecast will be preceded by a special pre-game show on PBA’s online bowling channel, Xtra Frame, and each will feature a post-game show on Xtra Frame with an interview with the tournament winner.
Three easy steps to enhance your PBA telecast experience:
1) Tune into pba.com’s Xtra Frame for free interviews with the finalists as they give their insight into strategy and equipment selection. All preview shows on Xtra Frame are available the Monday before each Sunday ESPN telecast at no cost.
2) Watch the Chameleon Championship ESPN finals Sunday at 1 p.m. ET.
3) Tune into the post-event show at Sunday 2:30 p.m. ET. Xtra Frame’s post-tournament show interviews the winning player and provides in-depth ball rep analysis of the winner’s equipment selection and ball preparation.
- 12/31/2012: Watch all your favorite Storm Videos on the Storm YouTube Channel!
- 12/30/2012: Belmo Nipped at the Wire at PBA Chameleon Championship...
- 12/26/2012: Storm Products Continues Long Sponsorship of USBC Tournament.
- 12/25/2012: Watch The Finals of the PBA Chameleon Championship on ESPN Sunday!
- 12/25/2012: Beat The Champs: Pete Weber Just Keeps Right on Rolling...
- 12/23/2012: Brad Angelo Puts One on the Board for Storm Products!
- 12/23/2012: Martin Larsen Rolls to Victory in the 6th Kingdom International Open...
- 12/18/2012: Norm and Rhino Coming to Cove Lanes Bowling and Entertainment Center!
- 12/16/2012: Storm Leads PBA International Invasion...O'Neill Wins on Cheetah...
- 12/16/2012: "Gold Ball" Sweeping The Nation...And The Pins by Jeff Richgels
- 12/15/2012: Dom Barrett Wins EBT Point Rankings For Second Straight Year...Mika Takes Qatar Bowling Open
- 12/14/2012: Another World Record For Chad McLean...
- 12/13/2012: IAB Elite Youth Tour Coming to Sam's Town in Las Vegas
- 12/12/2012: Bowling Means The World To Diandra...By Anthony Nasella Post-Tribune Correspondent
- 12/11/2012: The PBA Returns to Beertown...
- 12/10/2012: Bertolina, Shellabarger Roll To Win at International Senior Open
- 12/09/2012: Liz Johnson Returns to the Storm Nation at WTBA Women's Championships...
- 12/07/2012: Watch Liz on ESPN Sunday!
- 12/06/2012: International Art of Bowling Launches 'The Circle' Membership
- 12/06/2012: 2013 PBA50 Tour Schedule Set
- 12/05/2012: Catch Hall of Famer Bob Hart on Phantom Radio
- 12/04/2012: Get Your IQ™ Tour Pearl Today!
- 12/03/2012: Pete Thomas Banks $12,000 at High Roller's Thanksgiving 50 & Over Classic
- 12/03/2012: Shayna Ng Ends Guerra's Run at World Cup Three-Peat