Bowling News USA - March 9, 2012 CBS Sports Network To Air USBC Intercollegiate Team and Singles Championships
ARLINGTON, Texas - The United States Bowling Congress Intercollegiate Singles Championships and the USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships will be part of a four-week series that will air nationally this May on CBS Sports Network, which is the official television partner of the events.
It is the first time in the history of the event that the USBC Intercollegiate Singles Championships will be televised. All four shows will air on CBS Sports Network. Dave LaMont will handle play-by-play, while USBC spokesman and Team USA member Chris Barnes will provide color commentary for the shows.
CBS Sports Network will air the one-hour shows, which will be shown in high definition for the first time, over a four-week period each Friday at 10 p.m. Eastern starting May 4. The Intercollegiate Team Championships and Intercollegiate Singles Championships annually crown national champions in college bowling and this year marks the first time the events have been held together.
"Once again, the International Bowling Campus has come together, this time to double the collegiate bowling presence on national TV," said Chad Murphy, IBC Managing Director of Youth Development. "Our hope is that young bowlers everywhere will tune in and say, 'I have to be part of that' and they will start working toward the goal of becoming a collegiate bowler."
All four shows will be taped at Sun Valley Lanes in Lincoln, Neb., on April 21. The Intercollegiate Team Championships will be featured on two of the broadcasts - the men's final and the women's final. The remaining two broadcasts will feature the top four men and top four women in the Intercollegiate Singles Championships battling in the semifinals and finals.
"This agreement allows us to showcase more college bowling to a national television audience," USBC Managing Director of Media and Events Pete Tredwell said. "These are the pinnacle events of the college bowling season, and we are pleased to be able to bring them to the country on CBS Sports Network."
Leading up to the taped television shows, bowling fans will be able to watch all rounds of qualifying and match play at both events on BowlTV. The Intercollegiate Singles Championships will be shown April 17, while the Intercollegiate Team Championships will be shown April 19-20.
The broadcast agreement for the Intercollegiate Team Championships and Intercollegiate Singles Championships was coordinated in conjunction with Strike Ten Entertainment and made possible through the efforts of the Youth Education Services (YES) Fund. The YES Fund is a joint initiative of the Bowling Proprietors' Association of America and the United States Bowling Congress. The YES Fund also is supported by its founding partners Brunswick, Columbia 300, Ebonite, 900 Global, Hammer, North Pointe Insurance, QubicaAMF, Roto Grip, Storm and Track.
For more information USBC Collegiate, visit BOWL.com/collegiate.
- 3/31/2012: Storm and insidebowling.com bring you the PDW Masters Golf Challenge!
- 3/30/2012: The Schlemer Report - USBC Nationals
- 3/30/2012: The Schlemer Report - Roth/Holman Doubles
- 3/29/2012: Storm Instructional Series - Locating Your Positive Axis Point
- 3/27/2012: Storm REwind - 2012 Mark Roth/Marshall Holman PBA Doubles Championship
- 3/24/2012: Duke/Malott Bring Another Title Home for Storm/Roto Grip
- 3/23/2012: Andrew Kleutgen Uses Storm Frantic En Route To Singles Lead At USBC Open Championships
- 3/23/2012: Kevin Punzel Fires 888 With Storm Vivid!
- 3/21/2012: Mark Roth - Marshall Holman PBA Doubles on ESPN Sunday...
- 3/20/2012: Osku Palermaa Wins 9th Kuwait International Open
- 3/20/2012: Storm Announces Winners Of The Vivid Sweepstakes
- 3/15/2012: Euro-Med Storm International Masters Challenge Information
- 3/15/2012: The Storm Vivid™ - Taking It To The Streets
- 3/14/2012: Clay Rees Kingpin at Border Wars...
- 3/14/2012: Above180.com Interviews Pete Weber and Del Ballard
- 3/13/2012: Storm's Andrew Frawley Marches to Asian Bowling Federation Win
- 3/12/2012: Field Determined For Intercollegiate Collegiate Team Championships
- 3/11/2012: Norm Duke Over Koivuniemi For 35th Career PBA Title
- 3/11/2012: Paeng Nepomuceno Storms to 124th Masters Title
- 3/10/2012: Osku Victorious in Bahrain
- 3/09/2012: CBS Sports Network To Air USBC Intercollegiate Team and Singles Championships
- 3/08/2012: The Schlemer Report - WSOB Geico Shark Open
- 3/08/2012: YES Fund High School Grant Program Makes Award To Illinois School
- 3/08/2012: Pete Weber Named February BWAA Bowler Of The Month
- 3/07/2012: Belmo, Hulsenberg, Tom Baker Make All-American Squads
- 3/07/2012: USBC Senior Queens To Cap Off Senior Women's Triple Crown Series
- 3/07/2012: Storm's Hank Boomershine on Phantom Radio
- 3/06/2012: First Responders Team Event Set for May in Las Vegas
- 3/06/2012: JANBA Bowlers Finding Success With Storm Vivid
- 3/04/2012: Belmonte Outduels Barnes To Continue Storm Run
- 3/02/2012: Is Pete Weber The Greatest Bowler of All-Time?
- 3/01/2012: Belmonte Hopes To Filet The Shark Sunday
- 3/01/2012: Serenade The IAB And Win A Storm Ball!
- 3/01/2012: The Schlemer Report - The 69th US Open