Bowling News USA - March 7, 2012 USBC Senior Queens To Cap Off Senior Women's Triple Crown Series
ARLINGTON, TX - The 2012 United States Bowling Congress Senior Queens presented by Storm will become the first USBC championship event held entirely at the International Training and Research Center (ITRC) when it takes place Oct. 19-23, capping the new Senior Women's Triple Crown Series.
The Senior Queens will feature an increased first-place prize of $5,000. The event will be broadcast on BowlTV for the first time and have special incentives for participants. The event is part of the Senior Women's Triple Crown Series which includes the National Golden Ladies Classic and the Senior U.S. Women's Open.
The Triple Crown Shoot-Out presented by The Orleans Hotel and Casino will be contested Oct. 21 at the ITRC. It will feature the top-10 bowlers based on qualifying totals (48 games) from the three major senior women's events. Qualifiers will compete in a single-game, single-elimination bracket format.
The top qualifier will receive two byes, while the second, third and fourth qualifiers will receive one bye. The total prize fund will be $5,000 and all 10 players will cash, with $1,000 going to the winner. "These three great events are partnering together to offer more opportunities for senior women bowlers," USBC Managing Director of Media and Events Pete Tredwell said. "We're excited to be increasing the competition and creating more avenues for bowlers."
The 2012 Senior Queens will be the 13th edition of the annual event that is open to USBC female members age 50 and older. Last year, Paula Vidad of Sun City, CA., won the tournament, held in Syracuse, NY.
Senior Queens bowlers face the traditional double elimination match-play bracket, the same format used by the USBC Queens to crown a champion. In addition to $5,000, the winner receives a tiara, pendant and trophy, and a paid entry into the 2013 USBC Queens. For more information on the Senior Queens visit BOWL.com/seniorqueens.
The Senior U.S. Women's Open will be conducted at the National Bowling Stadium in Reno, NV., from June 22-29. That event, along with the U.S. Women's Open, will take place in conjunction with International Bowl Expo. Highlights of the championship match will be shown on the television broadcast of the U.S. Women's Open finals.
The National Golden Ladies Classic will be conducted at The Orleans Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas from March 19-22. Now in its 22nd consecutive year of operation, the Golden Ladies is the longest running senior women's major event.
- 3/31/2012: Storm and insidebowling.com bring you the PDW Masters Golf Challenge!
- 3/30/2012: The Schlemer Report - USBC Nationals
- 3/30/2012: The Schlemer Report - Roth/Holman Doubles
- 3/29/2012: Storm Instructional Series - Locating Your Positive Axis Point
- 3/27/2012: Storm REwind - 2012 Mark Roth/Marshall Holman PBA Doubles Championship
- 3/24/2012: Duke/Malott Bring Another Title Home for Storm/Roto Grip
- 3/23/2012: Andrew Kleutgen Uses Storm Frantic En Route To Singles Lead At USBC Open Championships
- 3/23/2012: Kevin Punzel Fires 888 With Storm Vivid!
- 3/21/2012: Mark Roth - Marshall Holman PBA Doubles on ESPN Sunday...
- 3/20/2012: Osku Palermaa Wins 9th Kuwait International Open
- 3/20/2012: Storm Announces Winners Of The Vivid Sweepstakes
- 3/15/2012: Euro-Med Storm International Masters Challenge Information
- 3/15/2012: The Storm Vivid™ - Taking It To The Streets
- 3/14/2012: Clay Rees Kingpin at Border Wars...
- 3/14/2012: Above180.com Interviews Pete Weber and Del Ballard
- 3/13/2012: Storm's Andrew Frawley Marches to Asian Bowling Federation Win
- 3/12/2012: Field Determined For Intercollegiate Collegiate Team Championships
- 3/11/2012: Norm Duke Over Koivuniemi For 35th Career PBA Title
- 3/11/2012: Paeng Nepomuceno Storms to 124th Masters Title
- 3/10/2012: Osku Victorious in Bahrain
- 3/09/2012: CBS Sports Network To Air USBC Intercollegiate Team and Singles Championships
- 3/08/2012: The Schlemer Report - WSOB Geico Shark Open
- 3/08/2012: YES Fund High School Grant Program Makes Award To Illinois School
- 3/08/2012: Pete Weber Named February BWAA Bowler Of The Month
- 3/07/2012: Belmo, Hulsenberg, Tom Baker Make All-American Squads
- 3/07/2012: USBC Senior Queens To Cap Off Senior Women's Triple Crown Series
- 3/07/2012: Storm's Hank Boomershine on Phantom Radio
- 3/06/2012: First Responders Team Event Set for May in Las Vegas
- 3/06/2012: JANBA Bowlers Finding Success With Storm Vivid
- 3/04/2012: Belmonte Outduels Barnes To Continue Storm Run
- 3/02/2012: Is Pete Weber The Greatest Bowler of All-Time?
- 3/01/2012: Belmonte Hopes To Filet The Shark Sunday
- 3/01/2012: Serenade The IAB And Win A Storm Ball!
- 3/01/2012: The Schlemer Report - The 69th US Open