Bowling News USA - February 1, 2012 Frilingos wins Sunraysia Tenpin Cup
Storm staff member George Frilingos dominated the field and held on during the finals to win the Sunraysia Tenpin Cup.
The Sunraysia Cup is held in the small town of Mildura. Despite having a population of around 40,000 people, the people of Mildura manage to put on the second biggest event on the Australian bowling calendar. 70 of Australia’s best bowlers attended the event where they competed for the $20,000 prize fund that included a $7,500 first place check.
Bowlers competed in a two day, 16 game qualifying format. Frilingos dominated during the two days and finished ahead of his nearest competitor by over 200 pins. He continued his domination through the first four rounds of match play.
During the finals, Frilingos was paired up against a local bowler, Ray Martin, who was using a Storm Reign and had a great look. The two finalists were locked in a tight battle when Martin left a 2-4-10 in the tenth frame of the first game. Frilingos threw three strikes in the tenth frame to have a 36 pin lead going into the second game where Martin was unable to recover the deficit, as both bowlers shot a low 200.
Frilingos used an original Virtual Gravity and a Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl to capture the title.
“It was a great win,” commented Frilingos. “That makes it four wins for me including last year where I won the Suncity Open, the Australian Cup, and the Riverland Cup!”
- 2/29/2012: Red Rock Resort Rolls Out the Red Carpet for Xtravaganza Bowlers and Guests
- 2/29/2012: Storm Staff Member and USBC Hall Of Fame Member, Jeff Richgels, Featured on Phantom Radio
- 2/28/2012: PDW Media STORM!
- 2/27/2012: Watch PDW's March to Victory!
- 2/26/2012: Pete Weber Storm's To Record Fifth U.S Open Title
- 2/26/2012: Weber Does It...Another Major for Pete!
- 2/24/2012: Shafer Stays in Front at The Open...
- 2/23/2012: Sectional Field Announced For 2012 USBC Intercollegiate Team Championships
- 2/22/2012: Shafer Powers to Open Lead...
- 2/22/2012: Sandra Andersson Notches First EBT Title with Marvel Pearl™
- 2/22/2012: The Schlemer Report - Scorpion Open
- 2/21/2012: Brian Kretzer Chasing MacLelland at The Open...
- 2/20/2012: Norm Duke Ready to Defend at U.S Open...
- 2/20/2012: Scott Newell Rides the Victory Road™ Solid to PBA Ricart Ford Open Win
- 2/19/2012: Barrett Keeps the STORM TRAIN Rolling...
- 2/17/2012: The Storm Vivid™
- 2/17/2012: Jason Couch, Gene Stus Elected to PBA Hall of Fame
- 2/16/2012: Storm's Dom Barrett, PA, On ESPN Sunday...
- 2/14/2012: Storm Modern Marvel™ Review with Chase Nadeau
- 2/13/2012: 2012 USBC Open Championships Underway in Baton Rouge
- 2/11/2012: Belmonte Secures Second Title...
- 2/11/2012: Josh Blanchard, Bryon Smith Storm To PBA Regional Players Doubles Championship
- 2/10/2012: Pete Thomas Rolls To $20,000 High Roller Win
- 2/10/2012: Belmo, Osku...Tale of the Two - Handers
- 2/10/2012: 2012 February High Roller Update
- 2/08/2012: Belmo, Osku On ESPN Sunday...
- 2/07/2012: 2012 February High Roller/TAT Underway in Las Vegas
- 2/06/2012: 2012 Chris Paul PBA Celebrity Invitational Highlights
- 2/06/2012: Blake Griffin, PDW Dethrone Belmonte, Chris Paul
- 2/01/2012: Frilingos wins Sunraysia Tenpin Cup
- 2/01/2012: Storm Products, Inc. Adds Del Ballard As Tour Consultant
- 2/01/2012: Clean Sweep - Storm Balls Win All Categories in Bowlers Journal Ball of the Year!